If you follow my posts (or my credit card bills) you know that River Island isn’t always in heavy rotation. But for the prices, RI is definitely worth perusing at least once a season. What started out as a quick click-about as I scarfed down a skinny ham & edam from Crussh (more on that later) at my desk today quickly turned into much a more involved investigation.
Here are the 10 items that made my wish-list…
1. White beauté print sweatshirt, River Island, £25
This comfy sweatshirt would be perfect with leather shorts and patent brogues for a casual pub night.
2. Black Check Oversized Coat, River Island, £80
I love the menswear-feel of this coat. I’d wear it over skinny black trousers and red suede heels.
3. Cream Stripe Boxy Top, River Island, £18
I’m kind of obsessed with crop tops, and this one looks like it’d be the perfect length to pair with a high-waisted skirt – plus it’s boxy enough to balance out a more snug fit on the bottom. If I were to buy this piece, I think it would be my 4th black and white striped top – but you can never have too many of those, right? (Or maybe you can. I’ll think on this one…)
4. Dark Red Oversized Fedora Hat, River Island, £28
GIVE ME ALL OF THE BURGUNDY.
5. Pink Two-Tone Wool-Blend Oversized Coat, River Island, £90
I love a pastel winter coat and this one looks warm and cosy.
6. Beige Cowl Neck Jumper, River Island, £35
Soo… I may have inherited some sort of turtleneck gene from my mom, but I really do love them. This one looks perfectly roomy and soft.
7. Red Leather and Suede Underarm Bag, River Island, £55
It’s hard to tell how nice this would actually look in person, but it certainly looks gorgeous online. It would be a great alternative to my large structured tote for day (because that thing gets so.heavy). Buuuut it looks like I probably wouldn’t be able to fit my umbrella, and this is London, so…
8. Black Dogtooth Print High Waisted Short, River Island, £30
Yes, yes, yes. I’m already planning a 1 Piece 3 Ways for these babies in my head.
9. Cream Faux Fur Collar Jacket, River Island, £50
Again – cosy, warm, cute. Maybe I’m just cold right now but I want to get in there.
10. White Leather Chain Trim Loafers, River Island, £75
And last but not least, these white loafers. Cute? Cute.